We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information that you provide to us will be processed. Please read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, the data controller is Trading British Group Limited, registered at 12 Alma Square, Scarborough YO11 1JU.
When processing your information, we must comply with the six principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. These provide that your personal information must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
- Processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
- Accurate and kept up-to-date,
- Kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- Processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect, use, and store different kinds of personal information about you, including:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address (to contact you)
- Your Telephone number (to contact you)
- Your Home Address (to arrange courier collection of your items)
- Your bank account details (to pay for your items)
- Technical Data, including IP addresses, browser type and version, time-zone setting and location, cookies, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website (this information is taken in accordance with the Google reCAPTCHA service to prevent spam and bots accessing our contact forms).
We will never transfer any of this information to any third parties.
Website forms, communication & consent
Every effort has been made to ensure that the forms on this website are safe and secure for data submission, but we advise users providing personal details in these forms that they do so at their own risk.
Where you initiate contact with us through one of our website forms, email, telephone, WhatsApp or social media sites, we will respond to you based on a legitimate business interest. Your details may be retained by us until it is no longer required or has no further use, as per the guidelines set out in the General Data Protection Act.
The results of these emails may be analysed, and data stored for future evaluation. The data we may analyse from these emails may include but is not limited to; number of successful deliveries, total number of times an email is opened, clicks on the email, and how many times an email is forwarded. This information is used to improve future emails, providing users with relevant content based on previous activity.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
- You have a right to access the information we hold about you free-of-charge, together with various information about why and how we are using your information, to whom we may have disclosed that information, from where we originally obtained the information and for how long we will use your information.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where: (i) the information we hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) we are unlawfully using your information; (iii) we no longer need to use the information; or (iv) we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information, or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for the purpose of contacting you regarding your valuation.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact our Customer Service Team by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information you give us, or that we collect about you.
Changes to our policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on our website. Please check our website frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Customer Services Team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated 30/03/2022